Where to begin................
I was feeling exhausted last Friday and dreading having to go to Senior Banquet. There was no getting out of it though since I am the class sponsor. It ended up going really well, but I was TIRED that night and looking forward to Saturday morning... my only day of the week to sleep in.
But, at about 5 a.m. Saturday Dustin woke up with horrible stomach cramps and made me get up with the baby instead. He said he couldn't handle it. Honestly, at this point, I was highly annoyed. Highly.
By 8 a.m. he wanted to go to Urgent Care. The doctor told him to take some Mylanta and if he still felt bad at dinner time, we should go to the ER. When we got home, I was soooo tired that I started crying and there was poor Dustin trying not to fall apart (and I still didn't really think he was bad off -- come on, he's the most over dramatic person I know).
By noon he wanted to go to the ER. On the way there, his forehead was like ice and he was sweating. That was when I actually believed something was really wrong (I know, I'm a jerk). We got there around 1:45 and he didn't see a doctor until about 5:45 and he was on the FAST TRACK!!! ER's are unbelievable. Then, they wouldn't let me go see him until 8:45. I read an entire book in that waiting room and had two meals out of the vending machines.
When I got in to see him, they had already started the paperwork to admit him to the GI/Liver unit of the hospital because his CT scan showed an inflamed and swollen pancreas, pancreatitis. Apparently, in order of pain levels.... #1 Childbirth, #2 Kidney Stones and #3 pancreatitis. So, he wasn't faking all that pain after all. :)
They kept him in the hospital until Tuesday. My mom and dad watched the baby and Sue came up to stay in the hospital, too. We wouldn't have survived without all the help, so THANK YOU so much to all of our parents.
The main cause of pancreatitis is gall stones but they didn't see any on his tests. He has to go back May 12 one more time for an endoscopy to check for them one more time. If they see any stones in his gall bladder, he'll have to have it taken out. If they don't find any, then they literally don't know what the cause of all of this was... could be diet, might not be. (annoying)
So, finally, he came home. This week has felt like two years. It's a yearbook deadline week on top of all of this, so I've had to stay after school every day and then do everything around the house since he needs to be resting. I missed the garbage pick up, but I've been on top of almost everything else.
So, here's to the weekend... please be kind to us this time!
2 comments:
Ok, ok...i won't harass you about blogging this week. I'll give you a break.
Glad to hear that Dustin is ok and out of the hospital. I'm still praying that everything turns out ok and it was just some weird fluke (never to be repeated again). Miss you guys!
Post a Comment