Monday, June 30, 2008

So Much to Blog About!

So, it's only been two weeks since my last post, but it feels like forever! We've been on the move. Here is our catch up post.

Today, Monday, June 30 Taste of Chicago
We love the Taste of Chicago. It's like the part of the county fair with all of the food booths, except huge and slightly exotic. We had:
  • Three types of pizza (Bacino's was our favorite)
    Cookie's N Creme Ice Cream
    Eli's Cheesecake
    Toasted Ravioli
    Stuffed Breadstick
    Pierogi
    Pad Thai Noodles
    Lemon Italian Ice
    Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Before you sign us up for fat camp, they serve full size portions and "taste" portions. We got the small, just a taste, portion and then split those amongst the four of us.

We had to find some shade because it was hot, hot, hot with all the ovens going!


Miles also got to ride on a Merry Go Round for the first time. He had a blast!


See how Miles bites his tongue? That's totally something my mom and I both do when we're mad or concentrating.



Saturday, June 28, Extravaganza Day
We are a little dorky and love to play games... like all the time. Our friends Steph and Brian had us over for about 12 hours Saturday and we spend every bit of daylight playing outdoor games like Bags, Badminton, Bocce, Hillbilly Golf, and kickball. When it got dark, we went in for poker. We left at midnight but poker apparently officially ended at 1:30 a.m. with Brian as the winner.


One of the biggest highlights of the day was Hank. We brought him with because we couldn't imagine caging him up for that long. Well, their new backyard came with a menace... a mole. Steph joked about hoping that Hank would catch their mole. Dustin put him on the scent and game him his "Hunt 'em Up!" cue but he couldn't seem to find it. So, we went back to playing games. About half an hour later, someone noticed Hank digging like crazy in the flower bed with the mole. Dustin lifted a brick near him and sure enough! There was the mole. He got it!

That furry gray lump is the mole.

The proud papa!



Sunday-Thursday, June 23-26, Yearbook Camp
I taught at a camp up in Michigan. Yes, there is such a thing as a yearbook camp! Unfortunately, Miles was teething the entire time I was away and Dustin was getting up 5 and 6 times a night to take care of him. Thanks Mom and Steph for watching him while Iwas away.


I have a couple of photos from when Stephanie watched him Monday.

She lives right down the street from a park. She said he was the hit of the playground. He's so cute!

She has a hammock swing in her back yard and Miles decided it was a great place to take his nap.



Thursday-Sunday, June 19-22

We went Thursday to Cambridge City to visit Dustin's family and to go to his friend Melissa's wedding. He was an usher and did a great job taking charge at the rehearsal. He even drove the bride and groom away from the church! I still don't know how the fit in the back of my car with that baby seat in it.



Melissa walking down the aisle.

Dustin and Melissa


Dustin and I at the reception.

While we partied away at the reception (including Dustin's "Podium" dance for the bride), his mom and dad watched Miles. He got to go in his baby pool.


Grandma helped him ease into it by just putting his toes in.




Of course then everything went in his mouth!We weren't sure how much fun he was having so we took him out and stood him about 5 feet away. Apparently, he did like the pool, because he walked straight back to it and was thrilled whne he realized he could get in and out on his own.




So, this is one of my favorites... Dustin hates it, but I love it. My baby butt!


Thursday, June 19 Golf Bag
The story of a golf bag..... where to begin? How about 1996 in Wisconsin. Well my uncle had a connection with an employee of Callaway golf. It is my understanding that as a part of their employee discount they were able to once a year buy any golf set at 80% off. Now Callaway is no ordinary golf set, it is top of the line and my uncle had an in, a favor if you will, that allowed him to buy a mega set from top of the line irons, to drivers, fairway woods and yes a leather tour bag. My cousin and him used them but saw no need for the bag. It is rather heavy, but so awesome, it has velvet lined pockets etc. I paid $100 cash to my cousin for the bag, on their website their retail is somewhere between $300-400. On that day I vowed to never use or put a club in that bag until I could one day own callaway clubs. For the last 12 years it has been nothing but a dream, but every time I have moved I have always taken that bag with me and kept it clean and secure during storage. My beloved wife helped make my dream come true on the 19th of June 2008 twelve years later. She worked her tail off at a yearbook camp to afford some 2008 Big Bertha Irons. Now I have them placed securely in that bag. I absolutely love it, I took them out to the course last Friday and wow! My 3 iron went from 180 yards to 220! These clubs have a huge sweet spot and are just awesome.


Dustin places his first club into the Callaway bag.

The completed set.


Tuesday-Wednesday, June 17 & 18
Even though my birthday was the 19th, my family celebrated while Becky was in town. I got a custom ice cream cake (as requested on previous blog) with all vanilla ice cream and carmel between the layers instead of the chocolate fudge they normally put.

My mom and sisters and I went on a girls trip to the outlet mall in Michigan City. I had some gift cards and some birthday treating that basically had me coming out with a summer mini wardrobe. :)


Here is Miles on one of those rides you put a quarter in.

Then, we went to the Schererville town fair. Happy Birthday to me!


Becky holding Miles by the fair rides.

3 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

That was a very exciting blog to read. Love all the pictures! I will send mole pics soon!

Rachel Drolen said...

i like the baby butt picture - dustin is nutty

Anonymous said...

The podium dance - what a treat! It was good to see you guys!!