Sunday, March 1, 2009

Miles' Big Date

For Christmas, we got Miles tickets to Disney Live. We didn't know if he was too young or would get scared or what... we just thought we'd try it out. We started out the evening at Olive Garden. Miles got to sit in a big boy chair with a booster. I think this picture is before the booster seat arrived, though.
He got to eat all his favorite foods... including tomato. The waitress brought him out his own plate of just tomato. We threw some bread and chicken on it for him.


Finally we were at the show! We had really good seats. We had to pay for a ticket for him but he just sat on one of our laps the whole time anyway.

They had all the Playhouse Disney characters there: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Eintsteins, My Friends Tigger and Pooh and Handy Manny. Dustin's favorite was Handy Manny and he was extremely annoyed with Quincy from the Little Einsteins. I didn't think it was possible to over-act in a Disney musical review..... but this guy found a way!

Miles, however, thought it was the greatest thing in the world. He was definitely "in the zone." He didn't smile much; he just stared, like crazy stalker stared, the entire time. See.........
He didn't even really snap out of it in time to do the Hot Dog Dance with Mickey Mouse. This is his favorite dance to do and some of you might remember the video of him doing it while sitting at the comptuer when he was less than a year old. I guess this video at least shows the intesity with which he stared. (It also makes our seats look further away than they were... weird)


And finally, the curtain call. This is the point where I heard about 50 little kids start screaming and crying. Ah, memories! Luckily, Miles wasn't one of the criers!
We took a photo by the giant inflatable Mouse hand that is part of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

5 comments:

The Sandoval Family said...

sounds like you guys had a great time! as for the singing on the video, Dustin...it was a little pitchy, but you did make it your own, so I think you deserve another chance. next time you better BRING IT!!!

Sam and Jen said...

Ha ha! How cute. Stalker stare? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I remember Jackson's first trip to one of these - it was Elmo. He hated it at first, but luckily wasn't one of those screamers and criers either.

Anonymous said...

I remember Jackson's first trip to one of these - it was Elmo. He hated it at first, but luckily wasn't one of those screamers and criers either.

Powell Family said...

I know that dazed expression all too well. That was the same look Autumn had when we saw Elmo Makes Music, that is the parts that she didn't sleep through!

I'm totally the parent that sings along too. Way to go Dustin for getting into the fun with your little guy!