Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Zoo baby!


Holy Cow! Mom and Dad finally took me to the zoo!



When I went to buy him a "first trip to the zoo" t-shirt, they only had up to 18 month sizes. Apparently, I have been slacking on this part of motherhood.

No longer! We are now members at the Brookfield Zoo!

Our first trip went so well. We got there at 9:45 or so and planned to leave by 1:30 or so. It was perfect. As we were walking out, it started raining.

Miles is a bit of a timid child. There were lots of moments of slight fear, but no tears. We were pretty proud of him.


Tried to get him on the bronze statue. It was scary.



Easily got him to do this little photo. BUT it led to an obsession with the next one he saw, which was...

a toilet. Really, Miles? I look like a terrible mother taking a photo of a toddler in front of this, but he was insisting (thus, the impatient with mom look on his face).


The first animals we saw were the rhino's. I'm not sure he knew what a rhino was.



Because of the movie Madagascar, he is obsessed with lions, giraffes, hippos and zebras. We had seen all of them but lions. For about 30 minutes, as we tried desperately to get to them, Miles kept turning around and yelling, "I want yiyans. I want yiyans. I want yiyans." He was angry.

Lunch Break


He loves his hat, so I thought he might want a zoo hat. I thought wrong. He is trying to throw it.

We went to the petting zoo. Intense fear of the goats at first. But dad worked his magic so...

He actually pet the goat!


Anyone want to come with us some time? We will be going all summer!

7 comments:

Rachel Drolen said...

i want to go! i want to go!

Anonymous said...

aunt becky wants to go tooooo!

Powell Family said...

We'll go! I'm anxious to take Autumn again. She's only been once. I want to hit the aquarium this summer too.

S said...

gosh, he just gets cuter with age.

Sam and Jen said...

Yiyans! Yiyans!

Carrie said...

Tristyn and I will go! Sounds like fun.

Leslie said...

We are members, too and go all the time, so if you are going, call me.