This is my sweet baby yesterday at the parade. Please note the small bump over his right eye. I assumed it was a mosquito bite and ignored it.Today we woke up to this:



I called his doctor and got the on call doctor instead. He told us to just give him benadryl three times a day and put a cold compress on it and bring him in tomorrow. Part of me says that that's fine. Another part of me is screaming that if it were my eye swollen shut that I'd have my butt in immediate care right now, so why shouldn't I do the same for him?
UGH!
Anyone know what to do? Quickly? We think it's a spider bite.
He had already had Benadryl in his system for 6 hours when we called the doctor and there was no progress. It doesn't seem to hurt him and he has been acting completely normally.
6 comments:
Poor guy!!! Oh my goodness I can't believe it's not bothering him at all! I guess that's a good sign though, right? Madi swelled up really bad like that once when we were camping from mosquito bites.
Hi, My son has the same reactions to bug bites....He once woke up with BOTH eyes swollen (the bite was mid forehead!)
Keep up with the benedryl...it takes several doses to build up in the system! Follow up like the DR said, if his allergy is severe enough they may give you a prescription!
Ok, you guys just talked us in to waiting until the morning. We were literally about to walk out the door. :)
I'm sure he'll be fine, but this is the first time we've had to deal with anything like this! Scary!
So sad and scary - poor little guy!!
Yeah, it helps to know that other people's kids have had the same type of reaction. Hope it's not a long night of worrying and checking on Miles. I'm sure he'll be fine and that it will have gone down tomorrow. If not, they will give him medicine when you go to your appt. Feel better big guy!
I'm glad he's not cranky about it. Man...I would be ticked if I looked like that! Poor little man!
Post a Comment