Monday, July 20, 2009

Count on it!

Today, I was blown away by Miles.

He's two, for crying out loud.

He counted to 10 on his own.
Shocking enough.

Then,
I was putting him to bed.
He has a book that has a Magnadoodle built in
(the magnet toy that you draw and erase).
It's an Elmo number book.

He likes me to draw him circles and M's.
I thought he might like me to draw a number 2.
You know, since he is two.

I drew it. He recognized it immediately.
Then he pointed down to the bottom part of the book and said, "Big Bird has a 5. Abby has an 8."
I looked down...
And he was right.
They did.

How did he know that?
I don't know.

I think he might be smart.
Or, I might just be excited.

Either way, it's really fun to watch him learn.

4 comments:

Powell Family said...

Very Good! I still have some 5-year-olds that I'm working on number recognition with!

Sam and Jen said...

You're so funny. Of course he's smart. Look at who he comes from:)

Sam and Jen said...

p.s. I miss Hank. I'm requesting a blog entry in his honor. It's been awhile.

Carrie said...

He is so smart! But Tristyn is only 13 months old and she counted to 12 yesterday. Just kidding. I brought up your blog and Tristyn was pointing and smiling at Miles. I think she likes him.