Sweetness:
Every night before bed Miles says his prayers. They go like this:
"Thank you Jesus for this day.
Thank you for the chance to play.
Tomorrow morning when it's bright,
Wake me up with the morning light."
Then he says his God blesses.
Here was what he said tonight:
"God bless Momma, Daddy, Hankie, the balloon (there was one in his room)
Grandma, Daisy (as in the duck), Grandpa, Toby (their dog), Aunt Dawn, Damon, Eric,
Rachel, Becky, Oliver (her dog), Maple (pronouced "uple" -- becky's boyfriend's dog), Grandma, Papa and Pooh Bear.
And all of our friends.
Amen.
Wanna do God blesses again!"
So we do it again.
And I don't mind.
Because I want him to love Jesus.
And I feel like this is a first step.
And that is important.
4 comments:
Awwww, that's so cute! Gotta love the things that kids say!
awwww that is so precious to me. i miss that sweet baby. i might not be allowed to call him a baby anymore, but i probably will until he is 10 or so. i am glad that even Uple made the list. what a sweet little guy you've got on your hands. i sure do miss you guys.
love,
aunt b
Awww...so sweet! I remember the first time Julia said "Amem" when we said her prayers one night, and she's come a long way since then, too. She never wants to stop with the "God blesses" at the end, either. Usually she's still naming off everyone she knows as I close the door and i can hear her praying as I walk down the hall. Sweet memories, aren't they? And you're right, it is sooo important that they grow up loving Jesus. And they are. And they will. Especially if we're praying for them as they're praying for us, right? :)
He is such a sweet boy!
Post a Comment