Like when you're exhausted, tired and just want to go to bed and you instead have to spend a couple of hours in Urgent Care.
Miles decided he should check out what would happen if he shoved a little LIFE person up his nose. You know, those teeny tiny little pink or blue peg-people that you put in the car as you navigate through the game? He chose blue, in case you're wondering. Here's a photo of a representative piece so you can see how small we're talking:
So, after failed attempts of getting it out with tweezers, I got to feel like a fool calling his pediatrician at 6:30 on a Friday asking if it was really that big of a deal or if I could let it just work its way out. We were told to head to the ER as soon as possible.Great.
We called an Urgent Care place instead and they said that they had done this kind of thing plenty of times before so we brought him there instead, thinking we wouldn't have to wait as long or pay as much.
However, a little girl came in just after us and was screaming in pain (don't know why -- darn privacy laws) so she was put in front of us. Obviously, she should have been. I'm not begrudging her her place in line.
So, here are two photos and three videos of how we Verpootens entertain ourselves for 1.5 hours in a little exam room.


End Result: They couldn't find it either.
They told us we have to check his diapers for it for the long weekend and if we don't locate it, we have to take him to an Ear, Nose, Throat specialist to make sure it's not jammed up in there somewhere.
Let's just say I awoke to the gagging sounds of Dustin checking a diaper this morning. No dice.
Oh, the many joys of parenthood. :)
UPDATE: 1:10 p.m. HE SNEEZED IT OUT! YES!!!
5 comments:
With all his jumping around, I'm surprised he didn't jar it loose! I don't know how you had the patience and energy with all you have going on right now to deal with that, but God Bless You both for it!
That's crazy?? He seriously sneezed it out??? Did you see it happen, or did he just bring you the booger covered game piece to prove it?
I was putting him down for his nap. He sneezes three times and starts wiping his nose with his arm. I saw a quick flash of boogery blue and there it was. No more diaper digging for us!
Ewww! I'm so grossed out! You get the award for grossest blog story of the week;)
Welp, All I got to say is...
that's LIFE for ya!
Post a Comment