Monday, November 16, 2009

Mini Marathon: Week 2

Week two was strange but really, really good!

I was away at the convention, so I wasn't sure if I would have the gumption or time to actually train while I was also sight-seeing and convention-ing and babysitting all my teenagers.

but...
surprisingly...
I DID!

In fact, I got on that treadmill and ran for nine minutes straight Friday. If you read my last training post, I was dying after 4 minutes straight last week. I remember wondering what in the heck was going on???

I also got up early to run on Saturday. Now, let's get serious for a minute here.
I'm the mother of a toddler. Sleep is more precious than silver, more desirable than gold. I cannot get enough of it and I do not part with it lightly.
But I got up. Early. To run. (And I hate running)

Carrie said she was proud of me.
Betty said she was proud of me.

I was proud of me!
Yay, go me!

Longest Mileage: 2.5 miles run/walk
Continuous Run: .75 miles

3 comments:

Sam and Jen said...

You're doing great. Keep it up. I've decided not to do the Indi mini next year but I'll still cheer you on! (from here) Sam and I are planning to run a mini here in the spring or summer. Go Sarah!

Anonymous said...

You did great, Sarah. Keep it up! Your other great rep from Herff Jones KC Plant.

Rachel Drolen said...

.4 running to .75 running is great! if you come close to doubling your distance each week, you'll be there in no time :)
- encouraging sister