Thursday, February 9, 2012

You're so Big!

These are words that should only be spoken to thin children under the age of 10.

They are also words that should never, ever be said to a pregnant 31-year-old.
Ever.

I'm walking down the hall (to lunch, no less) and a teacher that I see only once every couple of months stops dead in her tracks.

Rude Teacher: Oh my gosh! You're so big!
Me: ...
RT: Are you due any day now?
Me: Nope 10 weeks to go.
RT: Oh wow!  So you're due after Erica? (a guidance counselor here who is due three weeks before me)
Me: Yes, yes I am.
RT: Oh well you're way bigger than her!  (No, I'm not. Really.)
Me: Well, everyone is a little different. Betty and Kate (two other teachers) are due after me too.
RT: Well I haven't seen them, but you are BIG. Good to see you though. Good luck!
Me: ...

I mean, really. What do you say to that? She was obviously completely oblivious.

No comments: