Monday, August 26, 2013

1st Day of 1st Grade

My big kid started a new year at school. I asked him over and over if he wanted me to take the morning off and make sure he's ok on his first day. 
"No Mom. I'm a big kid. I can do it. Room 5 Mrs. Vickrey."
Oh geez. Mr. Independent. 
I'm glad though. I'm so proud of him for being strong and excited and confident on his first day. Dustin and I remember feeling nervous and nauseous when we were kids. Not Miles. 
So here's to another great year of fun and learning for my big kid. I'm so excited to see who he becomes. 

By bus 79
Bus stop at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Mario Backpack, BeyBlade lunchbox, Skechers light up shes, and an Andrew Luck Jersey. 
Miles and my parents' new next door neighbor London. He starts Kindergarten and they are getting to be great friends. 

No comments: