Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Well, we went to the doctor today and they officially scheduled the baby to be induced.
So, at 6:30 a.m. on Friday, April 13th, we will head to the hospital.

The doctor said the average time for a first time mother is 24 hours of labor with the inducing drug Pitosin. BUT, since we're already 5 cm, she said he may come much faster than that. Hopefully, the baby will cooperate and come quickly.

A few things to pray for.
  1. The cord may be wrapped around the baby's neck.
  2. There was a dark spot on one of his kidneys. They said it may be nothing, but he'll have to be checked out after he is born.
  3. Sarah is group B Strep positive so she'll have to get antibiotics as soon as she gets to the hospital. If baby comes too quickly (before the antibiotics can take effect), the baby could get sick.
So, Happy early Birthday, little baby. We'll see you soon!

5 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carrie said...

I will be praying for you guys! I hope everything goes SMOOTHLY. Call me on my cell phone ASAP! I'm sick of people asking me if you had the kid!!! Give me some good news to tell them! I will have my phone in my pocket and answer it in the middle of class! We are all so excited!
Hugs to you both!!! And a hug for the little guy trying to get out!
Love Carrie and Tammy

Charity Robertson said...

Congrats! I guess Friday the 13th will be lucky for your family. Good luck with the delivery.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, good luck on Friday. I will be thinking about you and your family!

Angie said...

Push! (Or whatever you're supposed to say at times like these.) Praying for you! :)