Thursday, May 15, 2008

Is this normal?

because I feel like it's not...

I was minding my own business, feeding the baby tonight when he decided he would play a trick on me.

He's really in to feeding me while he's eating. I open my mouth, say please, and he gives me a bite of whatever he's eating.

So, tonight, he's eating sliced peaches and I say please. He shakes his head no. I say please again and open my mouth even wider. What does my sweet baby do?

He grabs a piece of peach and just as it gets up to my mouth..............he cracks up laughing, shakes his head no again and pops it in his own mouth.... all in one split second! I was like, Whoa! What the heck! Did my baby seriously just trick me?!?! I cracked up and thought I was just reading into it. Surely he's not smart enough to trick me, right?

So, I tried to get him to feed me several more times and every time, he did the exact same thing... put it right up to my mouth, laughed, pulled it away and ate it himself.

Who is teaching my baby to be a trickster??? Come on! Admit it!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ha ha ha! That's sooo funny! I'm thinking it sounds like something your husband might have taught him. I swear it wasn't me!

Rachel Drolen said...

hahha, way to go miles!

Jessica said...

That's hilarious! You know Dustin practices that every day when you're not paying attention! LOL

Sam and Jen said...

Yes, that's normal.... for a bully in the making. JK! Just means he's got a great sense of humor like his parents. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks.

Carrie said...

Hey VP...where is your houseboat blog girl? You have to share those pics with everyone because they are too cute to keep to yourself.

The Sandoval Family said...

I know you're still working this week... but your friend Steph is sitting over here off from work and wanting to see an updated Verpooten blog to keep me company. New post soon please!