Monday, December 19, 2011

Ultrasound and "Burl" Update

Baby 2.0 is still a mystery to me.
I decided for sure to not find out the gender.
Dustin still wanted to know, so as we had decided, I looked away and he watched (intently) as the baby's gender was revealed.
His goal now is to confuse me as much as possible, intentionally switching up his references to the baby as little boy or little girl. "Little burl" flew out of his mouth once and it kind of cracked us both up.
So for now, it's a burl!

The rest of the appointment went well. Heart rate was 154, my blood pressure is good, yadda yadda.

The cool part, honestly, was seeing the 10 fingers and 10 toes, the four chambers of the beating heart, the clean kidneys (Miles had some rough times in utero with his kidneys), the little kicks and punches and the sucking/swallowing that he/she is already practicing.

We took Miles with. He was very excited to see "his" baby but once he was there, he was more interested in telling knock knock jokes and playing monsters with daddy. Dustin was very patient and somehow managed to keep him occupied and keep an eye on the screen too.

Honestly, now that Dustin does know and I don't, I'm already starting to cave a little on my resolve to have a surprise. I think I've already asked him four or five times. I know he won't tell me and that's good. I don't really want to cave in less than 5 hours.

A couple of other stats:
2.0 is 1 lb., 2 oz, which is about the 50th percentile
The baby's head is 5 cm
The new due date is April 21

2 comments:

Sam and Jen said...

I love that you are regularly blogging again! Maybe this shouldn't be your last baby. I feel like I know what is going on in your life now:)

Betty said...

Yay! So excited that all is well. I'm DYING to know what you're having, but I suppose I can wait until April. :)