I went to the doctor for my normal baby appointment. I'm at the point where they want to see me every two weeks now.
BUT
They want me to see all three doctors in the practice so that if my doctor isn't on call when I go into labor, I will at least have met the person delivering my baby. It's good in theory.
Not so much in practice.
It was probably the worst experience I have had with a doctor -- ever.
The entire appointment was 8 minutes long.
I had had contractions all day and was, obviously, concerned. She told me it was NOT contractions -- just round ligament pain. And then in the same breath said that if my CONTRACTIONS continue, I should call them back. So which were they? I don't know because she closed my file and started to leave.
She was walking out the door as I asked my first question and stood in the doorway to answer it.
I was asking her about the pitting swelling I have in my right ankle only. She didn't even walk over to look. She just (very condescendingly) told me I had obviously been overdoing it and that I need to drink more water. I started to tell her that I drink about 70 oz. a day but she cut me off.
So I didn't bother to ask my other questions, which were fairly major.
Additionally:
She didn't tell me how much weight I had gained.
She didn't tell me my blood pressure.
She didn't tell me the baby's heart rate.
She didn't tell me how big we were measuring.
Nothing.
I realize I'm not technically her patient, but come on! It was awful. I got in my car and started crying.
Regardless, today I am 33 weeks. Only seven weeks til baby is due. I am getting both nervous and excited. I feel like I have a lot to do at work to get my room ready for my sub. (Maybe I should be doing that now)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry that happened to you. People continuously baffle me.
Tell the OB you like the best that you were NOT HAPPY with this lady doctor's lack of concern for you and what she did NOT do in the check up. You have the right to say who delivers your baby. You need to let it be known so she doesn't do this to some one else.
Post a Comment