Each night as I leave Miles' room, he asks me to tell him four things -- you know, because he's four. Obviously.
Somtimes I make stuff up. Sometimes I repeat the same thing all four times (he really gets a kick out of that). "WHAT? All the same?"
The other half of this nightly ritual is that he then has to tell me four things. Well, it's been five lately, after all, he IS almost five.
Last night was especially sweet. I don't even remember what my four things were. But here are his:
"Mommy, #1 I love you.
#2 You're the best mommy I've ever had.
#3 I love Daddy and Hanky.
#4 I love Jesus and he loves me.
#5 I love you all the way up to Mars. Wait. Is Mars the farthest planet?"
Me: Nope. Neptune is. (I had an internal struggle on this. Is Pluto still a planet or not?)
"Ok, I love you all the way up to Net-tune and back down to Mars and then right back here into my own room when I hug you."
Thanks buddy. I love you too. Good night!
Good night mommy pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment