I can't believe I just signed my baby up for Kindergarten.
Nothing is more cliche than how fast time goes or how quickly kids grow up.
But I still can't believe it.
Where did the last five years go? How is it possible that I'll post about his first day of Kindergarten in only six short months? I don't have a baby; I don't have a toddler; and soon I won't even have a preschooler.
Weird.
Like, Twilight Zone, how did the days turn into weeks, weeks into months and months into years weird.
Miles, however, is very excited. We saw kids getting on a bus -- super cool. They gave him an envelope of sunflower seeds to plant; when they are big, it'll be time to start school -- extremely cool. A current Kindergartener colored a picture on the envelope -- "Just for me? Cool!"
I was telling Dustin a few weeks ago that I'm glad we waited so long between our two kids. Just as I'm feeling nostalgic for all the babyhood, I'll get to do it all again. I couldn't be more happy to be blessed with 10 full years of having small kids around.
And I couldn't be more proud of the little man we're raising. Today he told me he loves me all the way up to the top of a giant bean stalk -- one that's 1,000 and one million miles tall.
Love you too, buddy. All the way up to the moon.
2 comments:
Okay, this is unfair. Now I am sitting at school crying because of this post! :) So happy for you guys that you get to do it all again!
last time i talked with miles i told him that i love him all the way around the world and back again. he told me that he loves me all the way around the world and back again, up a tree, up to mars, and then all the way back to his house.
what a kid :)
Post a Comment