Monday, March 12, 2012

I <3 Dr. McCormack

It was such a relief to go back to my actual doctor today. Obviously, I was not happy after my last appointment when I had to see another doctors in the practice (in case my doctor is not on call when I go into labor).

I LOVE her.

So much better. 

I think it's one of those things where you don't realize how great someone is until you see how different it could be. 

Here's my rundown:

Heartbeat was in the 130's.
Blood pressure was 118/79 -- high for me, but normal for most people.
I'm measuring right at 34/35 weeks.
I had lost a pound since the last visit -- which she said is fine.

And then she actually ANSWERED my questions.

  • Pitting swelling is my ankles is fine so log as it's just in the afternoons/evenings.
  • I'm getting nauseous at night because I'm short waisted and the baby is compressing my stomach.
  • She starts inducing after being 7-10 days over due.
  • I have to try my hardest to stay pregnant until March 25. Any time after that and they won't worry about me or the baby.
  • They'll start checking to see if I'm dialating early at my next appointment (since I did with Miles).  Oh, and she actually called Miles by name when she was talking about my last pregancy -- and she didn't even deliver him!

When I told her how upset I was after my last appointment, she made a note in my file that that doctor should NOT deliver me.  :)  If she happens to be the doctor on call when I go into labor, I can request on of the nurse-midwives instead.

No comments: