Wednesday, March 7, 2012

We've got 'a guy'

An appliance guy that is.

We are now purchasing all major appliances through a guy I met at a flea market. 

No really.

Here is our kitchen before we moved into our house:  Please note the original oven, microwave and refrigerator -- ala 1989, right?


Well, we've been working on updating appliances.
With "this guy."  I honestly don't even know his name. Dustin does. I think.

Anyway, he runs a scratch and dent appliance store (but I hesitate to actually call it a store). I went to the flea market in Lowell last year to buy flowers and walked out with a refrigerator.

But seriously. It was a $2900 refrigerator and I paid $800 for it, delivered and installed.
See? Now doesn't that look better?
 So then we got our tax return and decided it was time to replace the oven. That oven is standard width -- from the outside. But the 4 inches of insulation on either side made it so small inside that I couldn't even fit a large cookie sheet. Also, anything in the back top would burn and the front bottom would be raw. We had to rotate anything we cooked in 10 minute intervals.

It had seen better days.
So we call 'our guy' and he finds a scratch & dent double oven for us. The only dent is in the back, which will never be seen after it was installed.

It's worth $2800. We paid $400.

Dustin and my dad installed it last night.
So, dinner's on at my place now! :)
Oh, and if you need a new appliance, let us know. We'll give you 'our guy's' phone number. 

No comments: